Hypnotherapy communicates with the subconscious to change the way you feel and behave towards things that trigger stress, anxiety, and phobias.
Phobias are anxiety disorders that trigger symptoms such as sweating, dizziness, and palpitations. These can be fear centered around a specific object, animal situation, or activity. Phobias have various causes and rarely have a single cause. It may be from a particular trauma, a learned response, or even be genetic.
Phobias work on a subconscious level which means we cannot just tell ourselves that something is not life-threatening or not to react with fear. This is where hypnosis plays a role in communicating with the subconscious.
According to hypnotherapy directory, your hypnotherapist can help you with your phobia through:
- Getting to the root of the phobia and remembering the event that triggered it if there was one
- Using different techniques to help change your response to the trigger
- Gradually and gently confronting your phobia whilst in a calm state
- If you aren’t able to feel capable of coping after one session, they can provide on-going reinforcement
- Advising self-hypnosis and relaxation techniques so you can manage your anxiety in the long-term.
Planning on visiting a hypnotherapist in Virginia to help you with your phobia or anxiety? Feel free to come and visit us at Clayton Hypnosis Clinic.